Cobleskill Village Police Department Parents Pledge
Back to Internet Safety Links
Back to Village Police Home Page
Parents' Internet Safety Pledge
(Please print out this page for your use.)
- I will get to know the services and web sites my child uses. If I don't know how to use them, I will get
my child to show me how.
- I will set reasonable rules and guidelines for computer use by my children, and will discuss these rules
and post them near the computer as a reminder. I will remember to monitor their compliance with these rules, especially
when it comes to the amount of time they spend on the computer.
- I will not overreact if my child tells me about a problem he or she is having on the Internet. Instead,
we will work together to try to solve the problem and prevent it from happening again.
- I promise not to use a computer or the Internet as an electronic babysitter.
- I will help make the Internet a family activity and ask my child to help plan family events using the Internet.
- I will try get to know my child's "online friends" just as I try get to know his or her other
I agree to follow the above pledge for online safety.
I understand that my parent has agreed to these rules and agree to help my parent explore
the Internet with me.