The Schoharie County Youth Bureau was
created in 1986 by a resolution of the Legislature. The
Youth Bureau has an Advisory Board that is appointed by
the County Legislature.
Youth Bureaus in New York State
receive state funding through the Office of Children and
Family Services and they allocate these fund to municipalities
youth programs along with youth servicing agencies.
We then monitor these programs and help out where needed.
The Schoharie County Youth Bureau also plans, coordinates,
and supplements the activities of public and private agencies
devoted to the welfare and protection of youth by:
- Promoting positive youth development
- Advancing youth participation
- Assessing local youth needs and developing strategies to meet those needs
- Determining funding priorities and allocating resources
- Planning and coordinating services
- Promoting partnerships and networking
- Allocating state money to youth programs
- Monitoring and evaluating youth programming
Upcoming Summer 2018 Programs: